The Helpmann Academy’s grants scheme offers more than $100,000 a year in funding for performing and visual arts projects from all of its partner institutions.
Grants of up to $4,000 for individuals and $9,000 for groups are available for staff, students and graduates from the following Helpmann Academy partners:
Adelaide College of the Arts (TAFE SA)
Elder Conservatorium of Music (University of Adelaide)
Flinders Drama Centre (Flinders University)
Flinders Screen Production (Flinders University)
For any queries regarding the regular grants, please call the Helpmann Academy on 08 8132 0777.
Two regular grant rounds are offered each year - an April round and an August round. Applications have now closed for the April 2016 grant round.
Applications are now open for the August regular grant round.
Applications due by Friday 12 August 2016 at 5:00pm
Available for activities taking place between 16 September 2016 and 11 August 2017.
Please ensure you read the information for applicants document before applying.
Grants awarded in the April 2016 regular grant round
- Andrew Haycroft - Adelaide College of the Arts - two-week workshop & understudying as part of the Move Me Festival through Strut dance in Perth, WA.
- Greta Wyatt and Tyson Olson - Adelaide College of the Arts - three month ilYoung Residency with the "ilDance" Company in Sweden.
- Andrew Baird and Kelsey Robinson - Elder Conservatorium of Music - Flute mentorship in Romania & attend UK summer courses.
- Jakub Janowski - Elder Conservatorium of Music - attend SYNTHESIS 2016 International Summer Course for composers at Radziejovice Palace in Poland.
- James Knight - Elder Conservatorium of Music - attend the Australian Percussion Gathering at Griffith University in Queensland.
- David Moran - Elder Conservatorium of Music - travel to Zagreb, Croatia for Cello lessons with Valter Despalj at the Zagreb Academy of Music.
- Nicholas Pennington - Elder Conservatorium of Music - undertake a mentorship in New York with Jazz Saxophonist Will Vinson.
- Georgia Simmons - Elder Conservatorium of Music - travel to the UK to attend the Choral Institute at Oxford and take part in the Choral Study Tour.
- Chelsea Smart and Lauren Henderson - Elder Conservatorium of Music - travel to Helsinki, Finland to participate in the 2016 International Jazz Voice Conference.
- Sarah Dunn - Flinders University Drama Centre - present Red Sky Morning as part of State Theatre Company of South Australia’s State Umbrella Program.
- Lochlin Maybury - Flinders University Drama Centre - present one-act play Schmidt at the Bakehouse Theatre in July.
- Clara Solly-Slade - Adelaide College of the Arts - attend an 8-week Shakespeare course at the RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Art) in London.
- Angelica Harris-Faull - School of Art, Architecture & Design - produce print based and video installation work for exhibition in Manila, Philippines.
- Ben Leslie - School of Art, Architecture & Design - produce and exhibit a series of sculptures and artists books in Gallery 3 at First Draft, Sydney.
- Carly Snoswell - School of Art, Architecture & Design - present an exhibition at Contemporary Art Centre of South Australia (CACSA).
- Elise Bonato - School of Art, Architecture & Design - develop and exhibit new site specific video installation work at SEVENTH Gallery, Melbourne.
- Kate Power - School of Art, Architecture & Design - undertake a one-month residency at the Association of Icelandic Visual Arts in Reykjavic, Iceland.
- Zoe Woods - School of Art, Architecture and Design - present glass work at the Sculptural Objects and Functional Art Fair (SOFA) in Chicago.
- Min Wong - School of Art, Architecture and Design - present an exhibition at Fontanelle Gallery in Adelaide, informed from a residency in Los Angeles in 2014.
Header image: Elise Bonato luminaria (the crowning) (detail), 2015, single-channel digital video installation, digital video still; 7:20sec, colour, stereo sound