Information for Applicants
Helpmann Academy Creative Boost Grants
APPLICATIONS OPEN TUESDAY 26 APRIL 2022
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 22 MAY 2022 at 11:59PM ACST (ADELAIDE TIME)
FOR ACTIVITY OCCURRING BETWEEN 1 JULY 2022 and 31 DECEMBER 2022
1. PURPOSE OF FUNDING
The Creative Boost Grants will support emerging creatives with grants of up to $500.
This funding will enable emerging creatives to purchase essential services and materials or pay immediate costs, develop small projects, build digital skills, develop their audience and support them to continue their creative practice.
These funds can be used for activities such as:
- The purchase, hire or upgrade of technology or equipment, training in new skills that will enable creatives to continue or adapt their practice (such as computer software or programs, cameras and associated equipment, sound equipment, workshops and seminars)
- The purchase of materials and tools pertinent to an artists practice (such as paints and brushes, metals, timber, and textiles, printing and framing, materials to create merchandise)
- Paying for costs associated with their practice (such as studio rental, website hosting fees)
- Building and expanding their audience (e.g. social advertising, creating/evolving an online business, producing online webinars and workshops)
2. WHO CAN APPLY
Applications are invited from graduates (up to five years following their final year of study*) from an eligible program at one of Helpmann Academy’s partner institutions. Find out who we support here.
*Final year of study means the final year you participated in study at your institution, not the year in which you participated in your graduation ceremony, or the year you received your qualification parchment. You must be within five years from your final year of study.
If you are unsure, please contact the Helpmann Academy at [email protected] before you commence your application.
- Funding is not provided for any support directly related to a student’s current course requirements.
- Funding will not be granted for projects embedded within educational programs and coursework.
- Funding is not provided for projects already started or completed (i.e. there is no retrospective funding).
- Funding cannot be used for purchases or expenses that have occurred prior to the return of your signed funding agreement. Any purchases or expenses that occur prior to the return of your funding agreement will not be reimbursed.
- Applicants who are ineligible to complete their academic qualifications or single subject students.
4. APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications are due by Sunday 22 May 2022 at 11:59pm ACST (Adelaide time)
Applications must be lodged via the Helpmann Academy website.
When completing your application form make sure you are eligible to apply, clearly answer the questions and provide the required support materials.
The application is made up of two questions requiring written responses. They are:
- Please tell us about yourself and your practice.
The required support material is outlined in the application form and includes:
- A simple budget outlining the amount being requested, and how it will be used.
- Your official academic transcript.
- Examples of your work/creative practice.
Applicants may also submit other optional support material they feel will further benefit their application, such as letters of support, media clippings, and reviews etc.
5. ASSESSMENT PROCESS
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Continued development of the artist and their practice.
- The capacity to forge new pathways for the artist and sector development.
- The capacity to develop new networks, collaborations and partnerships.
The panel reserves the right to award an alternative amount to the sum requested. All funding decisions are final.
6. CONDITIONS OF THE GRANT
- Recipients will be required to sign an agreement with the Helpmann Academy, agreeing to the terms and conditions of the funding.
- Any changes to the submitted budget or timeframe must be approved by the Helpmann Academy before proceeding. Failure to gain approval for budget changes may result in funds needing to be returned to the Helpmann Academy.
- Acknowledgement of the Helpmann Academy must be included in any publicity, signage or other distributed material relating to the project for which the grant is awarded. This includes logo placement on any and all promotional material including print and online material and verbal acknowledgement of the Helpmann Academy at any publicly accessed events (inc online activity). Examples of these materials must be included with the Grant Acquittal report (see below). Grant recipients will be provided with the Helpmann Academy logo for this use.
- A Grant Acquittal must be provided within two months of the completion of the activity.
This acquittal must include:
- Responses to the required questions.
- Details of any major diversions from the activities outlined in the original proposal.
- A full financial report, relating back to the original budget, including a full itemisation of all expenditure, and income if applicable. Receipts must be provided for any expenses over $50.00.
- Any print material and/or photographs.
For further information please email [email protected]