Communications and Development Coordinator
Applications close 9am, Monday 30 April 2018
Do you have a flair for identifying story opportunities and creating engaging written and visual content for a variety of platforms? Do you eat words for breakfast? Is the thesaurus your favourite book? Do you have a passion for supporting emerging artists? Yes to all? You could be the person we are looking for to join our small, committed team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Helpmann Academy is the only organisation of its kind in Australia. We empower South Australia’s most promising emerging artists to realise their visions and build sustainable practices. We provide professional development opportunities including grants and awards, fellowships, mentorships, masterclasses, advisory services and international artist residencies, all tailored specifically for South Australia’s higher education students, graduates and emerging artists.
We have an exciting opportunity for a keen communications professional to join our creative working environment. The Communications & Development Coordinator is a role for a journalism graduate or content generator – writing must be a passion and your key strength.
Your writing and communications skills will be highly developed, and you will be able to produce well researched and imaginative content within tight timeframes to generate interest and growth in the Helpmann Academy’s events and projects, and meaningful communications with Helpmann stakeholders. Importantly, you will also be capable of doing so within the digital and online landscape.
KEY COMPETENCIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALISED SKILLS
- Tertiary degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in writing for various audiences.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Creative flair and ability to generate content ideas and identify or develop media angles.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office, website content and management systems, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes in an autonomous role.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects and timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with clients, media and stakeholders.
- A passion for supporting emerging artists.
Applications must address the key selection criteria and include a resume (including three referees) plus three samples of original written content produced by you.
In addition, you will be required to provide a story on why you are the best candidate for the job, including a headline. It can be written in the first or third person and should be no more than 300 words.
Applications that do not address the above requirements will not be considered.
Please ensure that you have read the position description thoroughly before starting your application.
Applications must be lodged online. Click here to begin an application.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date
Applications are due by 9am, Monday 30 April 2018.
For more information call, Olivia Power, Marketing and Communications Manager on 08 7320 3330 or email [email protected]
Header image: Visitors admiring Carly Snoswell’s work in the 2018 Helpmann Academy Graduate Exhibition.